“It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength”- Maya Angelou
Parenthood comes in different shapes, sizes, races, sexual orientations, religious beliefs and gender identities. We all know that a safe, loving and emotionally nurturing parenting is what’s needed and matters for our children. So together, let’s celebrate and promote diversity and inclusion.
Why Millennial Mama?
Over the turn of the millennium, society has undergone enormous changes. Australian families have changed significantly over the decades; trends in household make-up, family types, marital status, parental employment and education have all played a part. As a result of the progressive shift in trends, beliefs and attitudes, parenthood and family diversity has shifted. However, family remains the prominent unit in society for caring for each other and raising children.
Millennial Mama aims to provide resources and a network of services to support the diverse range of millennial families. In an era where millennials are redefining parenting and parenting roles, Millennial Mama will celebrate and promote diversity and inclusion; the notion of creating unity amongst diversity. This platform is a one-stop-shop highlighting all the relatable super-hero parents and families and provide links to products and services.
- Create unity through diversity
- Promote and encourage conversation; decrease stigmas
- Create a safe and nurturing network for parents and children
- To develop public awareness, acceptance and celebrate the diversity amongst Millennial families
- Link to services for education, resources, communities, association, and organisations for diverse family units
- Highlight the many positive aspects of raising children in all family units
- Promote and encourage conscious parenting to raise healthy and happy children
- Create a nurturing environment to support holistic health in parents and children; the physical, social, emotional and mental wellbeing
- Provide support to others from shared personal experiences
- Provide social support to parents and carers of children
If you’d like to reach out to share a personal story or showcase a Millennial family through submission articles and interviews, please email email@example.com